This notification is about testing and calibration laboratories, accredited by ESYD according to ISO/IEC 17025 and does not neither medical laboratories accredited to ISO 15189 nor Proficiency Testing Providers according to ISO/IEC 17043
In order to achieve a smooth transition from the old version of the Standard ISO/IEC 17025:2005 to the new one ISO/IEC 17025:2017, ESYD decided on 30.5.2019m to modify the current timetable (issued on 3.5.2018) -changes are highlighted as bold and underlined text:
- All Laboratory accreditation certificates according to ISO / IEC 17025: 2005 will not be valid after 30.11.2020.
- From 1.7.2018 ESYD will accept accreditation applications according to ISO / IEC 17025: 2017 and applications for transition to ISO / IEC 17025: 2017 from Laboratories accredited to ISO / IEC 17025: 2005.
- In any case, Laboratories applying for accreditation according to ISO / IEC 17025: 2017 and Laboratories applying for transition to ISO / IEC 17025: 2017 should send with their application (otherwise the application will not be accepted) the documentation to be specified in the accreditation application and the transition application. For the implementation of transition, the application should have been preceded by at least one month before the scheduled visit, otherwise it will take place at a later time on a supplementary visit.
- ESYD will accept accreditation applications according to ISO / IEC 17025: 2005 until 31.10.2018.
- ESYD will terminate the initial assessment procedures according to ISO / IEC 17025: 2005 on 28.2.2019 and decisions for initial accreditation according to ISO / IEC 17025:2005 on
31.5.2019 15.7.2019. In case there are Laboratories that have not been evaluated according to ISO / IEC 17025: 2005 until 28.2.2019 or have not completed accreditation procedures (sending the final report from the Lead Assessor) by 1.6.2019 1.7.2019 an on-site assessment will be required for compliance with the requirements of ISO / IEC 17025: 2017.
- If a visit to assess the transition to ISO / IEC 17025: 2017 has not been done during regular visits or at the request of the Laboratory by 15.9.2020, there is high probability that the transition process will not be completed by 30.11.2020 and the Laboratory should need to resubmit an application for accreditation on 1.12.2020. After 15.9.2019 ESYD will terminate assessment procedures for the surveillance/re-assessment/extension of already accredited testing and calibration laboratories according to the old version ISO/IEC 17025:2005.
So. After 15.9.2019 an assessment team of ESYD will only provide assessment according to the new ISO/IEC 17025:2017, and it is important that an application for the transition to the new standard arrives on time (according to clause 2-3 of this timetable.
ESYD Laboratories Accreditation Division