TRANSITION / MIGRATION PLAN FOR TRANSFER OF OHSAS ACCREDITATION TO ISO 45001:2018 STANDARD
- From 12th of March 2020 accredited certification bodies shall issue accredited certificates (new certification / recertification) exclusively according to the Standard ISO 45001:2018
- Certification bodies are requested to provide information to their OHSAS certified clients so that a) all necessary quality systems adjustments are timely made and b) certificates renewals are made before the expiry date.
- Accredited certificates according to BS OHSAS 18001:2007 are not valid after the end of transition period (12th of March 2021).
- Accredited certification bodies should send to ESYD, until 12th of March 2019, the following documentation:
- Application for extension of Accreditation.
- Documentation regarding their readiness to certify according to ISO 45001:2018.
- Gap analysis and implementation plan.
- Changes to procedures (based on ISO 45001:2018 and ISO/IEC TS 17021-10).
- Training material of ISO 45001:2018 for personnel involved to certification process.
- Proof of IAF MD 22 implementation.
- Documentation of communication to clients (local and foreign).
- Based on IAF MD21:2018, for OHSAS accredited certification bodies, documentation review for at least one assessor man day is needed.
i. If the output of documentation review is positive, then accreditation may be issued.
ii. If the output of documentation review is negative, then additional evaluation, such as office assessment, witnessed assessment or addition documentation review, will be conducted.
- It is estimated that ESYD will be able to conduct assessment for ISO 45001:2018 form October 2018.